This website contains information, data, documents, protocols, clinical tools, procedures, guidelines, and images prepared by Cancer Institute NSW ("the Information").
The Information is provided to assist health professionals, patients, families, and carers in obtaining background information about cancer treatments and their general side effects. Responsibility for all content development and/or changes to this website vest in the Cancer Institute NSW. No unauthorised access to content development and/or changes is permitted.
The Cancer Institute NSW is a corporation formed by New South Wales legislation. This website (excluding any linked external sites) is controlled by Cancer Institute NSW operating from its offices at 1 Reserve Road, St Leonards, New South Wales. Therefore, by accessing this site, you accept that any disputes about or in connection with this website or its contents are to be determined by courts having jurisdiction in New South Wales in accordance with the laws that apply in New South Wales.
This website is designed for users in Australia. Cancer Institute NSW makes no representation or warranty that the content of this website complies with the laws of any country outside Australia. It is your responsibility to ensure that you access and use the website in accordance with the laws which apply in the place where you are located.
The Cancer Institute NSW does not warrant or represent that the Information is free from errors or omissions. Furthermore, changes in circumstances after the time of publication of the Information may impact on the accuracy of the Information. The Information may be changed without notice. The Cancer Institute NSW (including its employees and agents) is not in any way liable for the accuracy of any Information and shall have no liability to the users of the Information for any loss, damage, cost or expense incurred or arising by reason of any person using or relying on the Information and whether caused by reason of any error, negligent act, omission or misrepresentation in the Information.
The Information contained in this site is intended to provide guidance only. While care has been undertaken to describe and included the most appropriate cancer treatment protocols in the Information, the Cancer Institute NSW (including its employees and agents) is not liable for any errors of administration, drug dose calculation and any consequences of applying the cancer therapy guidelines set out in the Information.
The Information is not intended to replicate or replace the knowledge, skills and experience of trained oncology health professionals, nor is it a substitute for clinical judgement and advice. This site is not designed to replace the relationship that exists between a patient and their physician or other qualified health professional. Patients should evaluate the Information together with their health professional.
Cancer clinicians are advised that this application describes cancer treatment information only, and is not a clinical oncology management information system, a drug prescribing system, or a clinical decision support system. The treatments described in this application are based on reviews of the best available evidence and clinical judgement, prepared by the Cancer Institute NSW staff and endorsed by the relevant eviQ Reference Committee members. Clinicians should exercise professional judgement in evaluating the Information, and are encouraged to confirm the Information with other sources before undertaking any treatment based on it.
The Cancer Institute NSW takes no responsibility for the accuracy, currency, completeness, reliability and correctness of any information included in the Information provided by third parties nor for the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of links or references to information sources (including Internet sites) outside of the Cancer Institute NSW. Links to other Internet sites are provided for information only. Although care has been taken in providing these links as suitable reference resources, due to the changing nature of the Internet content, it is the responsibility of the users to make their own investigations, decisions and enquiries about the information retrieved from other Internet sites. Provision of these links does not imply any endorsement, non-endorsement, support or commercial gain by the Cancer Institute NSW.
Information on the eviQ website is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 license (CC BY-NC 4.0). This license allows reusers to distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon the material in any medium or format for noncommercial purposes only, and only so long as attribution is given to the creator.
Material not licensed under the Creative Commons Licence
The following material available from this website is not licensed under the Creative Commons licence:
- Any data or any other information subject to licensing or that has been made available with restrictions as required by the Cancer Institute NSW Data Governance Policy (PDF)
- the State’s Coat of Arms and any other symbols, logos or trademarks of the State of NSW or any Department or agency of the State (unless incidentally reproduced in using an unaltered document under the Creative Commons licence),
- any third party material unless expressly stated to be published under the Creative Commons licence, and
- any material on the website that is expressly stated to be published subject to specified conditions other than the Creative Commons licence. More restrictive licensing agreements would not be overridden by Creative Commons.
The State of New South Wales, acting through Cancer Institute NSW, supports and encourages the reuse of its publicly funded information, and endorses the use of the Australian Governments Open Access and Licensing Framework (AusGOAL). You can find more information from the NSW Government State Copyright Unit here: http://www.justice.nsw.gov.au/lsb/Pages/state-copyright-unit/copyright-faqs.aspx
Examples of appropriate reuse of eviQ content under CC BY-NC (not exhaustive):
- Amended content must not imply eviQ or Cancer Institute NSW endorsement. Any changes to an eviQ resource (such as a form) should follow the local approval policy/procedure and be noted as adapted from the original eviQ resource.
- When adapting individual pages and tools from eviQ, it is important to reference them appropriately. Please include the eviQ ID number, version number and direct URL at the bottom of the adapted version. This ensures users can refer to the original source. eviQ content should not be hosted on external sites.
- If you want to reproduce an image, please direct your request to the original source of the image.
- eviQ content is reviewed and updated periodically to ensure content is based on the latest rigorous evidence. It is the user’s responsibility to check the eviQ website regularly for document updates, eviQ is not liable if information reproduced becomes out of date (for example, if a protocol is superseded or discontinued).
- eviQ content must not be represented or reproduced in a way that its intent can be misconstrued.
- Please refer to the Disclaimer.
Use or adaptation by commercial entities
Commercial entities that wish to use eviQ content (for example, in promotional or educational materials) must contact eviQ to seek permission. eviQ will consider each request on an individual basis.
Please provide the following information in the request:
- details about the publication/resource in which eviQ material would be used:
- intended audience
- planned publication date
- distribution format (digital/print/both)
- the specific eviQ content sought (hyperlinks to URLs), the section/s in which it would appear, and if it would be altered
- how you will reference eviQ as an independent source.
To maintain the actual and perceived independence and integrity of eviQ, there must not be any implication that any commercial entity has influenced the eviQ guidance, nor that there is a relationship between the commercial entity and eviQ or Cancer Institute NSW.
If permission is granted, eviQ reserves the right to request approval of a digital proof (copy and layout) of the publication or promotional material.
Please note, requests from commercial entities to amend eviQ content, or to use the eviQ or Cancer Institute NSW logos, are likely to be declined.
This Disclaimer is subject to copyright and may not be reproduced in any form without the express permission of the Cancer Institute NSW.
Last updated 16 February 2022.