Why can't I access the eviQ website?
eviQ uses modern web standards that may require some changes to your web browser. Here are some simple steps that may help resolve issues accessing eviQ:
- Use an up-to-date web browser such as Google Chrome. You can download Google Chrome for free and can install it on most computers.
- Try accessing eviQ on a device that is not connected to your hospital network. For example try on your phone using your phone data (i.e. with wifi turned off). If there are no problems accessing on an external device, then the problem may lie with the computer settings or the hospital network.
- Contact your hospital IT department. There may be settings on the computer or network that need to be adjusted to work with eviQ.
- If none of the above steps work, then contact eviQ at feedback@ eviQ.org.au or phone +61 2 8374 3670. Please provide further information by pressing F12 in your browser and selecting the 'Console' tab. Take a screen shot or a photo of this screen and email through to eviQ so we have more information to diagnose the problem.
Why do some of the features of the new eviQ website not seem to be working properly?
You may have an issue with the browser you are using. The new eviQ website does NOT support IE8 or IE7. This means that some aspects of the site will only function correctly if you use Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) or above.
If you are currently using IE8 or older, we recommend upgrading your browser or using an alternative browser such as Chrome or Firefox. If you work in a hospital, you may need to contact your IT department to do this. You can find out which browser and version you are currently using on your computer via this link: https://whatbrowser.org/. Please contact us if you have any queries about browser compatibility via feedback@eviQ.org.au
If you are using IE9 or above and are still experiencing issues with the eviQ website please email feedback@eviQ.org.au or fill in the feedback form.
How do I access the XML files for eviQ protocols?
eviQ provides access to an XML format for the majority of its drug treatment protocols to facilitate upload into Oncology Management Information Systems (OMIS). The new site has some subtle differences in the structure of the XML file that may be incompatible with some protocol upload modules into the OMIS. For this reason eviQ is providing access to the old eviQ website XML files up until 30th November 2017.
How to access the eviQ protocol XML export function on the NEW eviQ website
- Access to download XML files is set up manually for each user upon request.
- Access privileges have not been automatically transfered from the old site to the new.
- You will need to request access to the eviQ protocol XML export function by emailing feedback@eviQ.org.au
- Those requesting access must also register on the eviQ website as it is these login credentials that will be used to grant access to the eviQ protocol XML export function .
- eviQ protocol XML file export will then be available via the export icon </> at the top of each protocol.
Instructions for accessing OLD eviQ protocol XML files
For a limited time, eviQ will provide access to the previous version of the XML files (from the old eviQ website). These will be accessible up until the 30th November 2017. It should be noted that these XML files will be current as at 30th August 2017. This version of the XML file will not be updated, hence the limited life span.
- You will need to request a copy of the OLD eviQ XML files via email at feedback@eviQ.org.au